Haven’t really written much recently but I thought I’d do this post. A nice retrospective look at the past and things I’ve learnt. So here are twenty things that I’ve learnt in all my twenty years of living!
- If someone doesn’t respect you, don’t give them the opportunity to disrespect you in the future, keep your distance.
- Time is a concept and there is no such thing as being too busy to keep in contact with someone. You will make time for the ones you love.
- Making money isn’t everything, doing something that you love is just as important.
- As an introvert don’t feel guilty for not giving your attention or energy to others. If you are not feeling it, that is fine.
- Don’t worry about what others think of you. The only opinion of you that matters is your own.
- Be yourself. It is so much easier than acting as someone you’re not.
Try new things. Don’t say no straight away, think about it and try it out first.
- Developing new skills is important. Being an all rounded person will take you far and is useful in improving your interpersonal skills.
- Spend more money on experiences rather than materialistic things. The world is object obsessed and a lasting memory is so much nicer than a swanky new phone that will eventually break.
- Those people who will make effort with you when you don’t with them are special. Keep them around.
- Don’t obsess about finding your true love. Everything happens for a reason. Disaster may give rise to a happily ever after.
- Travelling around the world is fun and will give you so many new cultural experiences that will last a lifetime.
- Make lists, be organised it will help to de-clutter your mind and to keep you less stressed. Coming from the laziest person lists have helped me mucho.
- Work out, stay fit. Being healthy is important.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. Everyone has their own paths to follow and has a different background. Some people are better off but that’s just the way it is.
- Don’t live so much in your head. Speak your mind, write in a journal. Let it out somehow.
- Do not be judgmental. Less than century ago black people were being discriminated against widely. I have no right to judge or discriminate others.
- On that note stick up and support other minority groups – LGBT, BAME etc, and call out racist, sexist talk. Intersectional feminism is all encompassing. We all deserve basic human rights.
- Budget and save. Be wise with money. A rainy day may come and you don’t want to get soaked.
- If dating a boy, and he doesn’t like something about you. Don’t change just to please him. He should learn to love you the way you are. Soppy but true.
- Be self-confident. Or when in doubt fake confidence and it will soon come to you.